Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Granola Balls

I have learned with a teenager in the house to have healthy snacks on hand at all times.  Mostly it has been fruit in my house since my son is a fruitaholic..he can't get enough.  I'm not complaining, better than junk food.  I just can't keep the fruit on hand.  He eats it as fast as I buy it.  Here's a good filling treat that will stick and give you the sweet fix as well

1 c powdered sugar
1 c creamy peanut butter
1/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c quaker oats
1 c granola cereal of your choice
1 1/4 c peanut butter and choc chip morsels

Combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla extract in large bowl.


Stir in the oats, granola and peanut butter and choc chip morsels.  Mix until completely coated.

You can put in the refrigerator to harden up before you start rolling your balls.  Roll into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper. Then store in an airtight container in freezer.  Take out as wanted.  Great snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment