Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July Yummy Breakfast

Good Morning America...Happy 4th of July

We enjoyed the fireworks last night in downtown Asheville



Shelby came over after she ran the 5 K in Weaverville this morning.  Keith was just wanting french toast.  I looked in the bread box and only had french bread so I thought OK baked french toast but then I remembered that I usually let that set in the fridge overnight,  after searching the net I had the ingredients to come up with this yummy recipe.


1 loaf of whole grain french bread cut into about 20 pieces
4 oz of whipped cream cheese
1/2 c finely chopped pecans
4 large eggs
1/4 c heavy whipping cream
1/4 c water
3 tblsp butter
canola spray

Mix the eggs, cream and water in a bowl to dip bread in.  Spread cream cheese on one side of 10 slices, top with finely chopped pecans.  Use the other 10 slices to cover and make little sandwiches.  

Spray your skillet and then add butter on med low heat until melted.  Dip the sandwiches in the cream mix (be sure to coat both sides)and put in skillet for about 8 minutes. Turn over for a few minutes.  Both sides should be golden brown. I sprinkled some fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon on top. 
 Top with maple syrup and enjoy!  I think you could substitute pecans with strawberry jam and it would also be good.






No comments:

Post a Comment