Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Butternut Squash Medley

1 large butternut squash peeled and cut into small chunks ( butternut can be peeled with a potato peeler, I cut mine in half first, take out the seeds and peel.)
2 large onions quartered and cut into wedges
4 garlic cloves - I take my garlic that we harvest and peel the cloves and put into jars of olive oil & then keep in the refrigerator.  When I need to sautee, it's easy to get garlic and olive oil  just by spooning out a couple cloves with the oil.
olive oil
1 pkg frozen green beans
2 tsp freeze dried basil
salt
pepper
1/2 c water
(I always add some fresh ground nutmeg to all my butternut) optional.

Heat the oil and garlic in pan.  Add the onion, then the butternut, green beans, 1/2 c water and basil, salt and pepper.  Cover and reduce the heat to med low until you can stick a fork in the squash and it is tender.  About 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment