Monday, February 28, 2011

Beef Jerky

London Broil was on sale this week.  Great time to make beef jerky.  Keith loves it.  I try to keep some in the freezer but it doesn't last long around here.

Ask the butcher to slice the london broil for you.  Just say you're making jerky and they should know what to do.

I marinade my jerky overnight.

Put the london broil in a large ziplock or tupperware container
Add to coat well.  The amount you use depends on how much meat you have, I don't drown the meat.

liquid smoke
worcestershire sauce
Dales seasoning
fresh garlic minced
Pickapeppa sauce
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
marinading

After you marinade overnight in the fridge, you place in a dehydrator.  I have a Nesco American Harvest that works great.  We use the dehydrator a lot in the summer for peppers, tomatoes, apples, etc. 

155 for 4-6 hours.  (It will just get crispier the longer it is on)


Keith will be so happy when he gets home from school.




No comments:

Post a Comment