Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tomato Jam and Jalapeno Spinach Frittata



This morning as I picked the garden I couldn't stop thinking about a tomato jam so off to the kitchen to experiment.

I looked up several recipes and then decided to combine two into a delicious Tomato Jalapeno Jam

Tomato Jalapeno Jam

Romas - My guess somewhere between 3 and 5 lbs (I used what I picked in picture)
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar 2 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
3 jalapenos seeded and chopped

Quarter the tomatoes and put in a stock pot.  Add al the remaining ingredients and bring to a rolling boil.  Reduce and simmer for about 2 hours.  Pour into sterile jelly jars and water bath for 10 minutes.




Spinach Jalapeno Frittatas

2 potatoes 
3 large jalapenos
7 eggs
1/2 c shredded cheddar
4 oz of feta crumbled
3 oz fresh spinach or more

Cook the potatoes wrapped n baggie for 10 minutes - cool, peel and mash
Add all the remaining ingredients 
Spread in a lightly greased baking dish 
Bake 30 minutes at 350.
Serve with Tomato Jam

My boys loved this!






No comments:

Post a Comment